Don’t miss our 3D Printing and Maker Camps, now known as Summer STEMventure Camps 2023”
Campers aged 9-16 will gain hands-on experience in the exciting world of 3D design and printing, robotics, advanced manufacturing, 2D design, laser cutting and more. Young innovators will have the opportunity to ignite their curiosity and unleash their creativity in daily workshops led by our Marshall Advanced Manufacturing team. Each camp also will feature a visit to a local business specializing in advanced manufacturing.
In-person participants will complete a custom-designed 3D printed project and a custom laser-cut project! They will explore product creation using open-source and free tools they’ll retain access to following camp. Campers will learn what it takes to go from an idea to a final product, design and manufacturing steps, and also gain exposure to competitive robotics platforms they can participate in at school, or by forming their own teams!
The cost is $190 per student. Thanks to our sponsors, there are a limited number of full scholarships available for students from families facing financial challenges. To apply, fill out the registration form then complete an application instead of proceeding to payment. We’ll contact you shortly.
Dates & Times:
- Huntington: June 26 – 30 (Camp Full!)
- South Charleston: July 10 – 14
- Bridgeport: July 24 – 28
Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
On Friday, allow time for our Maker Fest where students will show off their creations! This will last from approximately 2 – 3 p.m.
What You’ll Receive:
- Parents will receive links to sign up for free/open-source design platforms, providing camper continued access to critical tools for use in-camp and beyond
- Parents will receive a menu of items to select lunches for the week and indicate dietary restrictions and preferences for their camper(s)
- Campers will receive their custom-designed 3D printed and laser-cut projects, a camp T-shirt, sponsor swag, and a certificate presented during the Friday Maker Fair!
- Campers will receive highly interactive 3D design training and guidance. Campers will learn 3D printer operation and see designs take shape as they print their own creations!
- Campers will also receive 2D design training and create custom laser-cut projects they can take home!
- NASA IV&V Facility Education Resource Center will provide some incredible robotics content during the camp. During these days, free accessible tools, new and resources related to robotics clubs and competitions throughout the region will be explored.
- Participants will receive an exclusive tour of the Advanced Manufacturing Center’s Maker Vault, Center for Innovation and Shared Manufacturing spaces, learning about 3D printing, machining, laser cutting, and other manufacturing processes.
As in past years, major funding for our 3D Printing & Maker Camps is provided by Nuts Bolts & Thingamajigs, the charitable foundation of the Fabricators & Manufacturers Association