Code of Conduct
(Marshall University Equipment Use Agreement continues below…)
Participation in the Marshall Advanced Manufacturing Center (MAMC) Maker Vault requires agreement with the code of conduct:
- The STEM Coordinator has authority over the Maker Vault along with everything and everyone in it.
- Participants will receive a general overview of the space and equipment.
- Participants in this self-led learning center will demonstrate proficiency with equipment to a staff member before they are allowed to use that equipment unsupervised.
- Participants will provide their own building and disposable materials. Some items may be purchased in the Maker Vault.
- Equipment is available on a “first-come first-served” basis. Please show curtesy to others waiting to use the equipment.
- For use of the Maker Vault participants will be charged:
- $25 or $40 per Month, depending on selected membership level
- For available times in the maker Vault please call ahead; primary communications about hours and events are via “Maker Vault Network” Facebook Group at:
- The Maker Vault will be available for participants to host meetings related to making and group making events. Maker Vault meetings and events must be scheduled a minimum of one week in advance.
- PARTICIPANTS MUST MAINTAIN AND LEAVE A CLEAN WORKSPACE.
- Smoking of any kind/vaping is not permitted in the Maker Vault.
- Pets are not allowed in the Maker Vault.
- Participants under 13 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Participants that do not follow the code of conduct may be asked to leave, or banned from the Maker Vault.
Marshall University Equipment Use Agreement
- Participants using equipment and spaces agree to hold harmless Marshall University Research Corporation, and Marshall Advanced Manufacturing Center, releasing them from liabilities associated with doing so.
- Your purchase indicates agreement to indemnify and hold the supervisor(s) and coordinator(s) of this program, Marshall Advanced Manufacturing Center, Marshall University Research Corporation, its Board, agents, officers, and employees, interns and student volunteers harmless for any and all direct, indirect, special or consequential damages, or costs, legal and otherwise, which I may incur as a result of participation in this program, even if due to the negligence of Marshall University Research Corporation or any person serving in the above-identified capacities.