Quality Management Systems Specialist
Position Type: full-time exempt
The Marshall University Advanced Manufacturing Center (MAMC) is accepting resumes for a Quality Management Systems Specialist.
- Bachelor’s degree or associate’s degree with equivalent experience is required. Three years of experience in developing and implementing management systems to meet industry-specific requirements is required.
- Knowledge of related practices such as lean manufacturing, Lean Six Sigma, ISO implementation, problem solving, continual improvement and team building is required.
- Proficiency in flowcharting and statistical analysis software is required.
- The ability to job shadow, document processes and develop job instructions is required.
- Strong written and oral communications skills – as well as experience with group instruction – are essential.
- Ability to successfully recruit companies for quality management services and perform outreach visits to industry is essential. The successful candidate must have the ability to work as part of a larger MAMC team.
- Candidate is required to be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, video conferencing, flowcharting and statistical analysis software as well as use of audiovisual equipment.
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing quality and environmental management systems based on ISO 9000, ISO 14000 and other industry-specific standards; knowledge of OHSAS 18000 is a plus.
- Experience in metrology is a plus.
- Curriculum development for in-person and virtual training using various presentation software and delivery platforms.
- Professional certifications are preferred.
The successful candidate will join a highly motivated, statewide team to provide training and consulting in quality and environmental management systems and continuous improvement, implement modern management practices, and perform other duties as assigned. Overnight travel is required occasionally.
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience.
Background Check Required: Yes
Other Employment Opportunities