Marshall University’s Robert C. Byrd Institute (RCBI) and Advantage Valley are presenting another in their series of Supply Chain Expos to connect small suppliers to major companies while forging supply chain connections closer to home.
The April 10 virtual event will feature American Electric Power (AEP), parent company of Appalachian Power, the region’s largest supplier of electricity. Participants in the free expo will learn about the process to become an AEP supplier and have the opportunity to share information about their capabilities and capacities.
“Our previous expos focusing on the aerospace, chemical, polymer, steel and healthcare industries resulted in numerous contracts for state small businesses, some quite lucrative,” said Derek Scarbro, RCBI deputy director. “Our successful business-to-business events also have helped major companies shorten their supply chains, creating a win-win situation for everyone by keeping West Virginia dollars in state.”
AEP’s purchasing needs include the following types of goods and services:
- Crane inspection, service and certifications
- Overhead doors – inspections and repairs
- Gates and fencing
- Vehicle lift services: inspections, repairs, installations (including dock levelers)
- Fuel/Petroleum Services – inspection, repairs and maintenance – UST, AST
- General contracting
- Electrical contracting
- Plumbing contracting
- HVAC contracting
- Restoration services – flood, fire, mold
- Architectural services
- Engineering services – civil, structural, electrical and mechanical
- Roofing – repairs and installations
- Generator service and installation
- Paving contractors – asphalt and concrete
- Life safety systems (fire alarms, sprinklers and extinguishers)
“If you’re a small business operator anywhere in West Virginia capable of providing any of these goods and services, make sure to sign up and participate in our event,” Scarbro said. “This expo is a great opportunity to grow your business.”
Register for the virtual expo at www.mfg.marshall.edu/aep-supply-chain-expo. For more information, contact Scarbro at or 304-781-1684.
Feb. 24, 2023