2nd Shift Saw Operator Trainee
- High school diploma/GED preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of basic math.
- Prior saw operating experience is preferred.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift items in excess of 70 lbs.
- Must be able to read tape measure.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time while standing on hard surfaces.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Skills and abilities
- Ability to work in a safe manner
- Ability to recognize size/grade/quality of material
- Ability to read prints and understand efficiencies/productivity measures
- Ability to follow specific instructions and directions
- Ability to use and operate hand tools and other equipment as required
- Ability to stack material properly
- Ability to pay attention to surroundings
- Ability to identify safety issues in their work area, and notice equipment malfunctions
- Ability to understand basic verbal and written instructions in English.
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment
- Basic mechanical skills are preferred
- Ability to work under immediate supervision
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Safety conscious
- Team player and goal oriented
- Open to change and positive attitude
- Committed to plant and company goals
- Participates in safety programs
- Punctual and reliable
- Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results
- Position will require bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, lifting/carrying over 50 lbs., pushing/pulling, twisting, standing and walking.
- Ability to work hours mandated by management
Are you a hard-working individual, looking for the opportunity to carve out a successful career in an organization where the spirits of family and hard work share equal billing? If so, the companies of Universal may be a good place for you! We are committed to rewarding skill, perseverance and an entrepreneurial attitude with opportunities for growth. Intrigued? Read on to learn more!
Saw Operator/Builder is responsible for the set up and operation of a single-bladed saw. Works under immediate supervision; relies on specific instructions and guidelines to complete the job.
Principal duties/ Responsibilities
- Secures and maintains correct component parts and supplies required for the operation.
- Completes work area set up.
- Fits parts together in accordance with prescribed instructions and in accordance with quality standards.
- Operates hand tools as required to complete assembly process.
- Stacks completed products in accordance with established procedures, and if required, may cover, label, and band components/finished product.
- Ensures work area is safe, clean and organized, and that equipment is safe to operate.
- Completes pre-shift/startup equipment inspection checklist and reports any problems or concerns.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work environment.
- Maintains production records as required.
- Checks materials and finished products to ensure they are compliant with standards.
- Performs duties consistent with established safety and quality procedures, rules, and standards.
- Participates in safety programs and meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned