2nd Shift Welder
- Individuals must be able to perform each essential duty at a minimum satisfactory level.
- Individuals must possess the required education/experience, job related characteristics and specialized skills/certifications.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or general education degree (GED).
Certified in accordance with Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS’s) written by Huntington Steel & Supply Co and in accordance with the American Welding Society criteria/standards.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Climb ladders
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Factory setting; hot and cold temperatures; noisy conditions.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
Monday through Thursday: 2:30 pm – 12:30 am
Work flexible hours with overtime if required
REPORTS TO: Shift Supervisor
PAY: $14 – $16 based on experience
SUMMARY: Joins parts using knowledge of welding techniques and within the allowed parameters of the Welding Procedure Specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Weld or tack weld metal parts together (flat, horizontal, vertical or overhead positions) using GMAW or SMAW processes.
- Inquire if material types appear dissimilar.
- Properly assemble oxy/fuel torch and set pressures accordingly.
- Preheats work pieces preparatory to welding or bending, using oxy/fuel torch.
- Operate overhead cranes.
- Operate forklifts
- Cleans work pieces, using file, scraper, wire brush or grinder.
- Understand General Weld symbols
- Weld in 2 positions (vertical/flat)
- Certified in accordance with Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS’s) written by Huntington Steel & Supply Co and in accordance with the American Welding Society criteria/standards.
- General drawing knowledge (are all parts there?)
- Follow WPS’s and properly setup/adjust welding machine volts, amps, wire speed, and shielding gas flow rate.
- Ability to identify various types of materials
- Capable of completing various types of paperwork
- Ability to correctly use the timekeeping system
- Capable of completing various types of paperwork with 95% accuracy
- Efficiency evaluation of at least 90%
- Quality evaluation of at least 90%
- Other duties as assigned.JOB-RELATED CHARACTERISTICS:
- Follows safety rules/practices and is safety conscious at all times.
- Maintains a good attitude with customers and company employees.
- Must have good hygiene, work ethic, understand punctuality and ability to work independently.
- Works in teams to produce quality and appropriate quantities of products to meet customer needs.
- Possess an energetic, enthusiastic and self-starting attitude.
- Possess good math skills
- Possess excellent measuring skills, with ability to read and understand foot/inch/fractions down to 1/32 of an inch.
- Maintain a good attitude toward fast paced change, lean manufacturing and multi-tasking.
- Dependable and regular attendance necessary.