Athens, OH 45701
- High School Diploma
- Technical certifications and/or two-year degree is preferable
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Must have strong general mechanical skills.
- Must be able to concentrate in a busy work environment.
- Must be detail-oriented in order to maintain a high level of quality, keep accurate accounts of time and production, keep production on schedule, and maintain a safe working environment.
- Must able to interact with other team members while in cooperative working relationships.
- Must be able to walk, sit and/or stand throughout an eight-hour (or longer) day.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. from a floor or table position to chest high using a proper lifting technique.
- Must be able to repetitively use arms, hands, and fingers to manipulate tools and parts.
- Must demonstrate good hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Must be able to read and perform basic math calculations easily.
How to Apply
The Production Assembly Technician produces basic components by assembling parts and subassemblies using small tools, fixtures, and testing instruments.
Responsibilities / Job Duties:
- Produces basic components by assembling parts and subassemblies using small tools and fixtures, hands, and drawings or blue prints when necessary.
- Follows standard operating procedures and work instructions (written and verbal).
- Tests the quality of work using prescribed methods including measuring devices.
- Notifies Supervisor or Lead when Quality Issues arise.
- Completes any necessary work records accurately and in a timely manner.
- Works with the rest of the team to maintain a SAFE, ORGANIZED, and CLEAN work environment.
- Works overtime if necessary, including evenings and weekends.
- Adheres to all implemented VSM, VKS and Lean Manufacturing principles (e.g. 5S).