Certified Underground Electrician
Sentinel/Leer South Mining Complex
MINIMUM REQUIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have current Federal and West Virginia Underground Electrical Certification
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of underground electrical experience
- Knowledge of State and Federal Mining Laws
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills, and the knowledge and ability to make decisions relative to maintenance.
- Basic computer skills
How to Apply
- Perform electrical, mechanical and hydraulic maintenance and repair work on all equipment associated with an underground coal mine.
- Perform scheduled, unscheduled and preventative maintenance on assigned mine equipment/installations by using numerous types of hand tools, precision measuring instruments, diagnostic equipment (voltmeters, ammeters, etc.) and machine tools to replace parts and components, make repairs, dismantle and reassemble equipment and components as necessary
- May be required to operate certain mine equipment to diagnose problems, position it for repairs to be made, test operate after making repairs.
- May be required to document all or certain work activities and related information.
- Perform welding and acetylene torch cutting work on as needed basis.
- Read and interpret blue prints and wiring diagrams and follow maintenance manuals and parts books to set up and perform tasks.
- Conduct all work activities in compliance with Federal and State coal mining laws and Company policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- The employee must be able to follow specific instructions while maintaining acceptable established standards of work performance and conduct, show the necessary and consistent energy, as well as acceptable mental and physical dexterity, for the satisfactory completion of the essential duties as summarized and defined. The employee must exhibit acceptable interpersonal skills and the continuous ability to work in a team-oriented atmosphere.