Longwall Production Supervisor / Foreman – Underground Mining
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5 years of underground mining experience in both continuous miner and longwall method of mining
- 2 years previous supervisory experience
- West Virginia Mine Foreman’s certifications required
- Thorough knowledge of general mining practices, and State and Federal mining laws.
- EMT-M Certification
How to Apply
- Supervise hourly employees in the longwall section and be responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of this unit.
- Supervise mining of coal according to the mine plan using longwall mining equipment while following all federal and state laws and company policies.
- Follow up on all production activities and maintain the longwall face cycle to minimize the effects of changing conditions in roof, rib, face, haulage and electrical disturbances.
- Hold safety meetings with crew and making several pre-shift checks including review of examiner’s books, equipment conditions, section conditions and roof conditions.
- Supervise the direct clean-up and recovery operations should roof falls or other conditions interfere with normal production schedules or plans.
- Identify and supervise the elimination of hazardous conditions derived from roof conditions, dust, gas and those related to material handling, movement of equipment and electrical power distribution.