- Have basic tools or be willing to purchase.
- Experience with horizontal boring mills, lathes, drill press, welding equipment, grinders, saws, hoists, micrometers, dial indicators, layout tools, etc.
- Ability to pass a drug screening.
- Must have a reliable source of transportation.
Gillmann Services is now hiring Machinists in Oak Hill, WV and surrounding areas!
If you are interested in this position, please contact our office at 304-252-4510.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $26.00 per hour
- Read and interpret prints to make necessary fixes to damaged parts and to lay out stock.
- Set up and operate large boring mills, lathes, universal mills, and drill presses.
- The ability to use a hoist for positioning objects in the correct alignment to fasten them on machines.
- Uses precision measuring and layout tools to determine machining methods and work process.
- Observe pieces of work and verify that they conform to specifications and standards.
- Maintain the tools and jigs in an orderly fashion and make requisitions for needed parts and supplies.
- Re-grind and sharpen tools when necessary.
- Spot welds when needed.
- Abide by safety rules and procedures to insure a safe work environment for yourself and coworkers.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Machining: 2 years (Preferred)
- Manual Machining: 2 years (Preferred)
- Micrometer: 2 years (Preferred)
- Precision measuring instruments: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: In person