MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- High school education or equivalent
- Proven ability to read, write, perform basic mathematics, and interpret and/or apply instructions to assigned activities
- Basic math skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability and desire to participate in a team environment
PREFERRED OR DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- One (1) or more years of experience within a manufacturing environment, especially equipment operation
- Experience operating a forklift
- Work is performed in a manufacturing plant environment with limited HVAC, concrete floors, and exposure to industrial noise, dust, OSHA-approved chemicals, and temperature changes.
- Normal plant operation is 24 hours, 7 days a week and work hours may vary depending on business needs.
- Shift work that may require long hours, and weekend and holiday work and mandatory overtime.
- Must be capable of wearing personal protective equipment necessary to comply with government and company safety standards whenever engineered methods of reducing hazards or physical requirements cannot be reasonably accommodated
- Perform tasks that require walking, bending, twisting, pushing and pulling, gripping, stair, and ladder climbing, entering confined spaces, and lifting of up to 50 lbs. May require long periods of sitting or standing.
Saint-Gobain SEFPRO, a leading manufacturer of specialized glass contact refractories, is currently accepting applications for production associates at its Corhart facility located in Buckhannon, WV.
- Performs all work according to safety standards and procedures
- Operates machinery and equipment to produce product meeting quality specifications.
- Performs machine operations according to written or verbal instruction, and/or blueprint interpretation.
- Ensures workspace is clean, safe, and in working order within assigned area(s) including sweeping, and other 5s projects
- Working well in a diverse team-centered environment
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures
- Maintain all equipment, including cleaning during down periods.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs backup/coverage for departmental duties once certified within assigned coverage position
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of, and adherence to, Company policies, practices, and procedures
- Knowledge of production area processes and procedures
- Ability to operate mechanical equipment
- Ability to perform repetitive functions in a timely and accurate manner
- Review and retain training on essential job tasks and work within Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)