- Current welding certification card from an approved third party that meets API 1104 Section 6.3 standards and maintenance of that qualification in subsequent recertification periods.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class A CDL driver’s license and a safe driving record.
- Must be able to pass welding test as part of interview process.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must live within 45 minutes of the service center and maintain residency within that parameter throughout employment in field operations positions.
- Working outdoors in all types of weather and driving in all weather conditions.
- Tact and diplomacy when dealing with difficult customer interactions.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate mechanical/pneumatic/welding equipment and hand tools.
- Ability to utilize and accurately enter information into a computer/handheld electronic device for data collection and to read maps and blueprints.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Subject to overtime (scheduled and non-scheduled) and emergency callouts as needed.
- Previous natural gas field operations experience.
Position is subject to applicable DOT regulations including Anti-Drug and Alcohol Misuse Prevention Plan and Operator Qualifications (OQ).
Successful applicants shall be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Mountaineer Gas Company policies.
Mountaineer Gas Company is the largest natural gas distribution company in West Virginia with over 220,000 customers and 450 employees. We service fifty (50) of the fifty-five (55) counties in West Virginia and maintain close to 6,000 miles of pipeline.
WELDER – OAK HILL SERVICE CENTER (OAK HILL, WV)
We are currently recruiting in our Oak Hill Service Center, Oak Hill, WV, for a Welder.
- Performs duties such as welding metal components to pipelines, fabricating stations, meter sets, drips, perc tanks, or adding insulators to pipe.
- Fabricates punch bars, curb keys, gate keys, valve locks, or fences.
- Performs related tasks as needed, such as thermal cutting and grinding, repairing broken or cracked parts, filling holes, etc.
- Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Must be capable of performing hot tap on live gas line.
- Other duties as assigned when not needed for welding.